Thursday, January 06, 2005

Franks Wild Years

Well, this being my first post and all one can't have too high hopes. I started this blog thingy mainly out of admiration (jealousy?) for my friend YK's wonderfully interesting little shots of happiness. Now I just have to find stuff to fill this blank/black page with.

I'll start with a couple of quotes from Tom Wait's interview to Rip Rense from the Franks Wild Years "Operachi Romantico" programme, that my dear friend Christina gave me the other day. I guess this is as good a start as any...

-Rense: I've just listened to the record for a second time -
-Waits: Well, it takes a few times to hear it...
-Rense: That's been true with your more recent works, I think.
-Waits: Yeah, I know. It takes a while. You have to let it chase you around...

...

- Waits: I dressed each song up in different clothes for the album, almost like you would with actors. To 'transplant' the feel of the stage into the songs.

OK, that's enough for now. I'll get back to this when I'll have something more interesting and inspired to contribute. The point was to get this started...

1 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home