Saturday, November 25, 2006

clothes make the man


I bought this sweater in London, at the Kensington Market, in 1993. It's so thick and rough and warm that it feels like wearing a camel. Love it!


London again. Imperial College, to be precise. This is the geekiest T-shirt ever, not least because of the guy wearing it. I actually traded another T-shirt for it, I really don't remember what it was. Let's see if we have any readers fluent in Hex/Ascii...


And these are my favorite socks. Really warm, perfect for skiing or walking in them in the house. But you really don't want to be seen in them, do you?...


-----


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Levis. Everybody has them. Everybody loves them. I’m especially fond of mine these days: not only do I have the chance to wear them a lot more often than I would if I was working, but they’re also one of the few items of clothing that actually look better on me now than they did before I had this pleasant… post-pregnancy… fullness. (I had to summon all the gods of euphemism I could for that one.)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Purple sweater. It’s light, but it's warmish when it’s coldish. It goes with everything.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Love shoes. I posted them once before, and then thought better of it and took them down. But if we’re talking about clothes as an outer expression of an internal geekiness, these shoes say it all. I was crazy in love when I bought them, as you’d have to be. My whole life was full of hearts and flowers, little x’s, little o’s. Campers are great shoes: “They are twins. Not equal but complementary. The pair concept never made more sense.”

That heart is split right down the middle. (And sheesh -- anybody wanna buy me some new tights?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Fabulous thread and treads there! That first sweater would do you well in Calgary on a day like today ... -25C.

In my quest to purge, I've given away most of the clothes I don't wear on a regular basis, but I do have one vest that my Mum decorated for me as a project. It's quite 70's, even though she did it in the 90's.

I'll probably never wear it again, but it may be worth a blog post at some point...

8:31 AM  
Blogger soap said...

And here it's just barely jacket weather!

It's so easy to get sentimental about clothes, but that vest must be really special.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

It took me a few minutes to work out that this must be a shared post (otherwise those sexy levis are a bit too girly for you steph). That jumper must weigh a tonne. A few years ago we had a fancy dress party for which the theme was Op Shop formal (second hand shop). In one op shop I found this $5 long pink skirt loosely knitted from the finest pink and silver acrylic over a coral satin lining. mmm mmmmm. I'm looking for an excuse to wear it again but will have to wait til I'm not in a country town where everyone knows me. Everyone should have a few daggy things in the wardrobe....

12:24 PM  
Blogger soap said...

That skirt sounds like an awesome find, but I think you're right to consider the "right place, right time" element before wearing it again -- unlike my sexy jeans (thanks!). The confusion was intentional, btw, but the title was dead serious. :)

P.S. Gotta love that Urban Dictionary! Nice jumper, Steph!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the link, Sisssy. I know you are referring to the second entry, which gives me a good idea of what was the designer's inspiration for that circular shape in the middle of my sweater.

The tag says "made from ring-crutched sheep's wool only", though.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home