Monday, February 07, 2005

Jules Verne

I am ecstatic: Yesterday evening I stumbled upon this site , which contains satellite images of EVERYWHERE! I mean all of the world, cities, mountains, the sea...

According to the "importance" of the location you can zoom in to a different resolution. Over athens you can see your house, and the solar pannel on your roof. Over paris, you can see the people standing in line to enter the Louvre!

I spent all night flying over the world, from Alkatraz to the Himalayas, and from London to Arizona!

In the following images which I grabbed, you can see:

The quad of Imperial college, London, where I used to eat my sandwiches on sunny days.


The glass pyramid and line of people in front of the Louvre


Alkatraz


A glacier in the himalayas


I'm like Jules Verne: I travel everywhere without ever leaving my room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home