Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Now I get it...

I admit I got fooled.

I "dropped into" a post in another blog that made some kind of silly, relatively agressive, and to a certain degree insulting, arguments. I decided it was a good idea to react, and commented on it with a couple of remarks; I even went as far as to become agressive myself.

And then I took a closer look at the entire blog, and I realized that it's pretty much advertised all over it that the point of it is to attract arguments and confrontations.

Silly me... how could I have missed it...

It's like that Monty Python's "argument" sketch:
- I'd like to have an argument, please.
- Certainly sir. Have you been here before?
- ...

Well, you know, I guess why not? If there are blogs out there where you go to talk politics, or read relaxing poetry, there might as well be one where you go and argue violently, to get stuff off your system or something.

Interesting experiment, I guess... just not my style.

Good luck with it, s.s. I might drop by from time to time to check how it goes...

5 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

Steph, it takes a heart of gold to find any virtue/value in that guy's project! But I found your comments/exchange with him hilarious, not to mention valid and virtue/value-affirming. I hope you didn't feel the need to fight my battles for me (personally, I'm of the "don't give the bully the satisfaction" school of conflict avoidance/ resolution) but it sure is nice to have sb like you on my side.

I'll buy you an ice cream after school if you want.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never assume that you would need someone else to fight your battles.

I think your approach is better, I just get carried away a little.

Ice-cream sounds good, though...!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys! Which is that blog ????

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's this one, but it's a bit of a waste of time, if you ask me... I don't think I'll be going back there any time soon.

1:43 PM  
Blogger dystropoppygus said...

OK - I made a note of the ice cream offer (and hope I will be around). As for the incoherent, I'd go for irrelevant.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home