Thursday, July 13, 2006

Shhh...


[Came up when I googled Koyaanisqatsi...]

I've decided to get (back) in touch with my minimalist self.

What better place to start than the music of Philip Glass. Guided by my long-lasting obsession with David Bowie, I was directed to the symphonies Low and Heroes (which I once owned, then had stolen, and then downloaded from the net).

Apart from the music, I will also try to open my mouth less.

Low (Glass/Bowie/Eno):
1. Subterraneans
2. Some Are
3. Warszawa

Heroes (Glass/Bowie/Eno):
1. Heroes
2. Abdulmajid
3. Sense Of Doubt
4. Sons Of The Silent Age
5. Neukoln
6. V2 Schneider

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike D. said...

Try Glass' 'Mishima' soundtrack. Less ethereal, but damn beautiful.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I'll check it out...

I'm not really too much into minimalism, and this post was really all just an excuse to apologise to someone for having spoken too fast. But I do like Glass, and those two symphonies (especially the second part of Low is a masterpiece, I think). And Bowie of course.

By the way, i clicked into your blog, and the first thing I saw was that scene from My Dinner with Andre. I thought "wow! I'm not the only one, then!". But i havent read the whole post, I'm a slow reader, sorry...

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home