Tuesday, August 07, 2007

renaissance

It was time for sissoula to clean up her act. Thus the new name -- ha ha. It’s been a long summer in some respects, a flash in the pan in others. I’ve worn my swimming suit only once, the buka twice. She cuts a stunning figure in her sexy Nemo one-piece. My parents came in May. They left. My friends came in June. Then they left. It was July, and I taught a little bit, even having lost my nerd. Now it’s August, and I stay up all night thinking about September: a real job, maybe tickets, a toddler.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Good to see you back!!! Now, we have to see you on...facebook.com?;-)))

2:56 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Missed you.

8:07 AM  
Blogger soap said...

Hey there! It's nice to be missed, but guess what -- I never really left. I don't think facebook is for me. The idea is to get a little less personal on the internet, not more. That said, if it's not too personal, Mr. Bensah, I'd really like to know, what does that K. stand for?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

squeak squeak

9:46 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

soap--not at all; it stands for "Korbla", which in Fanti, one of 36 vernaculars in Ghana and a particular one for the Central region, where my Mum hails from, means "born on Tuesday";-))

1:53 PM  
Blogger soap said...

So glad I asked! I got a poem in return.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home