Friday, January 14, 2005

Stopping time

So I went to IKEA the other day to buy some stuff I needed, and I came across a relatively decent clock. The type you hang on the wall. I didn't need a clock, but it was only 2 Euros, so I said what the hell... I got it.

I came home, and realized that of course I needed a battery. So I went out again to buy a battery. Then I thought about where to put it, I found a spot and drew a nail into the wall (I hate doing this, but still...). So I thought I was done with the clock project.

Then at night I woke up by a strange periodic sound that I had never heard before in my house. You guessed it, it was the bloody IKEA watch, ticking away the seconds louder than freaking Big Ben. I closed the door... nothing. I took it off the wall and placed in the drawer under a pile of socks, still nothing. You could hear it across the entire house. TICK-bloody-TOCK over and over again!! Then I tried to remove the battery, but it was totally stuck. I got a screwdriver and pulled it out, then hid the clock somewhere, saved the battery and went to sleep again.

At the place of the clock I hanged a thermometer I had lying around the house. I probably bought it some years back at some other place for the simple reason it was extremely cheap. It makes no sound whatsoever, however the room temperature is of no particular interest to me.

Next time I go to IKEA I'll try to remember the title of my blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home