Wednesday, August 03, 2005

it takes a village (to eat so much)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They love me in the village. I smile a lot and talk very little. I’m good with names. They give me food. A lot of food. Here’s the list of everything I brought home on Sunday, in numerical order:

½ a cucumber
½ a green pepper
½ a wheel of Gruyere cheese
1 honeydew melon
1 Tupperware bowl of baked okra, zucchini, and red peppers (pictured)
1 Tupperware bowl of rabbit stifado
1 Tupperware bowl of rice pudding (with milk from a neighbor's goat)
2 lemons
4 onions
4 sweet buns (from granny)
5 kalitsounia (from Uncle Babis and his wife, Battle)
7 eggs
8 peaches
10 cheese pies with honey
12 tomatoes

Everyone should have a village.

4 Comments:

Blogger shradha said...

aren't you the coolest?

I have a village too. It's time to go smiling more, talking less. And I hope. I hope.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can i have one of those kalitsounia? Unless you ate them all already...

I love kalitsounia!

8:42 AM  
Blogger soap said...

Don’t worry, there are more kalitsounia where those came from. And a (city) bakery just up the street. And where there are kalitsounia, there is always hope.

Addendum (one additional item inadvertently omitted from the list): 1 jar of strawberry jam, homemade by Battle, a very nice woman who does not deserve her name.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

I like the village to relax...but I am a city boy at heart:-)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home