Friday, August 04, 2006

Force majeure


About two years ago I single-handedly designed and built this magnificient, award-winning, one-of-a-kind trellis (I didn't know that's what you call these things, Sissy told me).

I designed and measured it, located the best and cheapest wood in the area, bought it, cut it, varnished it (3 hands), even came up with a clever way of setting it up without having to climb behind it (it's patent pending, don't ask).

A couple of months later it was summer '05, and I was eager to see all sorts of plants take home on it.

One year later, nature has completely taken over it! Cool!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Beautiful! And a good reminder that dreams sometimes take years to cultivate... but they eventually get there... more lovely than we could have imagined.

6:52 PM  
Blogger soap said...

What a lovely comment. And I was just thinking how those plants really loved Steph's wood.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

You know, I love gardening, but have no real green thumb, as it were. That said, I would have sworn the second picture looked bushy!!;-) It's great, but I thought the post was gonna criticise the bushiness of the second, rather than how nature had helped it grow...;-))

Ditto: beautiful picture!!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, wood or bush? Make up your minds, people...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

at least you can still see a bit of your handiwork still showing!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home