Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tidbits


Just finished my Ben and Jerry's ice cream, after about three days of working on it, barefoot, in my freezing humid basement. No wonder my cold wouldn't pass. Maybe now it's my chance. I'm hitting the swimming pool first thing in the morning.


This girl showed up at our house in Sounio, and she's definitely here to stay. Still, I want my turtles...


She has this bright spot on her forehead, that looks like a ray of sunlight is hitting it wherever she goes. It's naming period, I guess.


On other news, P is nuts.


(And adventurous too)


And the employees at my local health centre are losing it (I won't even attempt to translate this, sorry...).


PS. Here's what an Italian sweet American potato from Africa looks like.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, i'll translate it:

"CAREFUL !!!!
DO NOT TURN ON THE HEATING,
BECAUSE AT NOON ON 06/11/2007
IT WENT BOOOM AND THE BUILDING
BLEW UP!!!! AND THE WALL
CRACKED!!!!"

This was posted on a wall at the entrance of the local health centre.

5:09 PM  
Blogger soap said...

It didn't go boom, it went bam! Not that I was there or anything... At least, in theory, there won't be any further burning of fossil fuels til they get that heater fixed.

P's such a cutie. Hm. What was that thing you said about the apple not falling far from the guy who takes funny pictures so he can exploit the poor kid on his blog?

Lenio would be a nice name for the cat. (But I don't believe you about the potato.)

Later, gator.

(Nice post.)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAM is Greek for BOOOM, vre...

9:18 PM  
Blogger soap said...

And what's the Greek for smarty pants?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Hold it!

Let me grab you both by the scruff of you, er, clothes, and bring you in the spirit of peace before fisticuffs become bam-booms...;-)

Oh, yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR (albeit belated) to both of you! May the good spirits blow your way throughout the year, and may you have tremendous and immense courage to fight any negativity that comes your way.

another year. another lengthy soliloquy by yours truly;-)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home