Monday, February 12, 2007

P-Nuts



Olympic Corn Flakes
We were on the train with P, and the announcement went "Next stop, Olympic Complex". But P thought they said Corn Flakes, instead of Complex. So he looked at me and said "Corn Flakes?!". He loves Corn Flakes... I said, no, they didn't say Corn Flakes, they said Complex! Of course he didn't believe me, and started demanding Corn Flakes louder and louder, until the whole train was laughing at us.

The backwards beggar*
Earlier we had walked past some person begging for money at the side of the street. I gave that person some change, and then I took time to explain to P how some people are in more need than others, and we should always try to help when we can, and one never knows when one might be in need of help, while he seemed to completely ignore me.

Now he decided to put to practice what I had taught him. He sat on the side of the street, extended his arm, put on a sad expression and started chanting "Take money, take money...".

* Thanks for the title, Sissy.

3 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

That wasn't my suggestion. I suggested P, the Backwards Beggar. More alliterative that way. Oh, I know what you're thinking now. But I'm really not a linguist.

Well, P may not have believed you about the corn flakes (and who can blame him) but he obviously took the other thing you said very seriously. Keep an eye on your wallet.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember in Canada when they first made the dollar coin, which they call a looney because it has a loon on it. It was kind of like when the euro kicked in here. Homeless people went from "Spare change?" to "Spare a looney?"

Pierre, a guy I knew back then at work, told me that he gave some homeless guy a quarter. The homeless guy looked at it and said, "Is this all you can afford to give me?"

Pierre told him yes.

"Here," the homeless guy told him, handing it back to him. "You need it more than I do."

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right Sissy, I corrected it. Nice word, alliterative, I'll try to use it sometime. "Love's Labours Lost". "Lounge Lizard". "Debbie Does Dallas".

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I usually can spare a Euro.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home