Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine this!


I thought I'd post something mildly relevant to the occasion. You know, hearts and flowers and all that...

This is the scene from the Indiana Jones movie where the really scary guy (a decent Bollywood actor that passed away a couple of years ago, actually) rips out the poor irrelevant guy's (a less known but probably still alive Bollywood actor) heart, by simply pushing his hand into his ribcage. He pulls the heart out, holds it up, and the heart is still beating, and the scary guy is looking at it thinking "yummy!", and the poor guy is looking at it thinking "what the...?!", and I am looking at the cinema screen thinking "this is SO cool!".

I would have spent more time wondering how it's possible to simply push your hand inside another person's chest and pull their heart out while it's still beating, but then we got to that other scene where they are all sitting around the table eating monkey's brains straight from the skulls, and I forgot all about the heart.

Anyway...

While we are on the subject, here's a bit of wisdom that unfortunately came to me too late. Or possibly almost too late, but that's not for me to say.

A broken heart is a broken heart. You can't attack it with arguments and equations and (sometimes valid, sometimes stupid) points. You just don't do that. You have to be silent, respectful, humble. You have to pause and try to feel what it feels. Because there's nothing worse than being the owner of a broken heart, and if you don't see that, then you are on your way to becoming one as well. Provided of course that you are not one already.

I've been a big fool. But it's Valentine's day, so perhaps I can be forgiven...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so cool! much love on this day and may more come your way

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks shradha! Nothing so far, but I can be patient (sometimes).

And this wish, coming from you, could even make a small difference, you never know.

But I can't place any blame except on myself.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

(unwittingly) profound and humurous--as per your style;-)

Reminds me of this article about how the markets will be focusing on singles during Valentine's day, which you can read here:http://www.courant.com/hc-antivalentine0213.artfeb13,0,7705636.story?coll=hc-headlines-custom2

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "unwittingly"?! Like I can't be profound and humorous on purpose?!

You think these masterpieces come to me just like that, with no effort whatsoever?

Tsk tsk, Emmanuel...

My posts are 30% inspiration, 25% perspiration, 15% desperation, 8% provocation, 6% lubrication, and the rest is all googling for the decoration. (Sissy please check my maths here...)

Now off to the couch for a bit of hibernation.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home