Monday, March 26, 2007

With card output!

Just back from 10 days in Berlin.

3 pictures for you
There is this weighing scale in the subway station near where I was staying. It's probably been there since before the war...

3 pictures for you
A fine piece of German engineering!

You stand on it, and stick a 10 cent coin in. Suddenly everything starts spinning and moving and shaking and rattling, producing a whirling, buzzing, mechanical sound, for about 10 seconds.

Then everything stops, and it spits out at you a little white piece of paper with the date and your weight minimalistically printed on it.

3 pictures for you

I just couldn't get enough of it...


PS. Please subtract 6Kg for my boots and raincoat and all the rest of my clothing.

3 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

You could also say you were holding one or both of the kids. Just kidding. You have nothing to worry about.

I put some money in a machine like that in San Francisco once. It wasn't so practical, or so cruel, as to tell me my weight, but it did give me a character analysis, not so much of who I was, but of who I wanted to be, and still do. It was the kind of thing you put in a box, but I have so many boxes, I can't find it now. (That's what I was looking for.)

I hope you had a good time, and I'm glad you're back.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

10 cents is a cheap weigh-in (even with the exchange rate) its at least a dollar over here, and the machines are not nearly so interesting. But these machines are always way too exposed for my liking!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

Looks good. Sounds strange!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home