Sunday, March 11, 2007

No ridicule here!


I was watching that great TV show Top Gear the other day (first time I switched on the TV in months, I swear), and they had invited a certain Justin Hawkins, former lead-man of The Darkness to participate in their Celebrity Laps thing.

I had never heard of either Justin or The Darkness, but they played a little bit of one of his videos, which I thought was quite cool (in a post-glitter-glam-hard-rock sort of way...):



A couple of google searches later I found out this guy is most likely to participate in that ridiculous Eurovision song contest thing for England, and as I was about to completely loose respect, I read this statement of his:

"I don't anticipate gleaning any respect or anything. What on earth could I possibly hope to achieve by being the object of ridicule for millions of people? Everything I do is almost trying to hammer home the point that I don't care."

So he's on our blog, falsetto and all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. It's not about the song. It's about not taking one's self too seriously, which is kind of a good idea in general, I think.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

it is kind of refreshing to see a hard rocker who doesnt take himself too seriously. I imagine he's rarity in the music world. Lochie wants to be a rocker. He's starting with the wild hair and taking it from there.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home