Monday, February 26, 2007

Kindergarten


[Some random Japanese kindergarten that P is unlikely to end up in]

P has hoovered all the floors, cleaned all the windows, wiped all the dishes, loaded and unloaded the washing machine more times than he cares to, raced through the living room on his motorbike all he can bother to, swinged in his swing and jumped on his trampoline until the swing and the trampoline said oof... and so I think it's time for him to move to bigger things in his life.

Enter kindergarten! (but not yet...)

Today I visited the last kindergarten on the list. I've heard the same speech six or seven times, about how children must be treated with respect like adults, how they must be encouraged to learn without pressuring them, making sure they enjoy the process, and of course how much this will cost me (a pretty penny, in a nutshell).

But what stroke me with every visit and tour I was given, is the size of everything. Little tables, little chairs, little toilets, little lunches, and of course... little people.

Little is important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home