Thursday, March 01, 2007

letter to the editor

Dear Steph,

Thanks for February. We did it, didn’t we? We updated every single day. It wasn’t an original idea (the blog convention is to update daily in November), but I had my reasons for proposing it. Whether it was my turn to post or yours, every day I had sth to look forward to, a communication between us and whoever else wanted to share it. February is the kind of month that can pass quickly, without much to notice or remember, just one rainy day after the other. This time, I felt an obligation to take notes, to pay attention to detail, to be conscious of what was happening, and to make sure I had sth to say, even if I didn’t end up saying it on the blog. I’m glad that happened.

We ended up with some fluff, but also some really great posts (your tennis post is one of my all-time favs) that might not have happened if we hadn’t been pushing ourselves. I’m not saying that all the cute stuff is fluff; it’s part of our lives like anything else. As my friend LJ used to say, nothing is wasted. A little joie de vivre to offset the rain is never a bad thing.

So here’s to March, and whatever comes next.

Yours,
Sissy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess we did it, it was fun. And I think it was a relatively fluff-free month, actually (well, except for some cats on mugs and wedges of cheese on diapers...).

I thought it was an original idea - I don't know the first thing about blog conventions or about blogs in general, or anything like that (in fact, I think blogs are quite silly). To me there's only one point to all of this (and you know what it is).

PS. I think you deserve to be the editor-in-chief. All I know I learnt from you!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PPS. Thank you!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I almost forgot: Happy 1/2-birthday, bukitsa!!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger soap said...

Blogs are easy. You treat them like you do a friend.

(Thanks for the half-wishes. Save the rest for September!)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home