Saturday, August 11, 2007

The door

At some point I decided I had enough of kids jumping over fences. So it was time to build a door.


I got the wood and constructed the door, but that was the easy part. My devoted apprentice P decided to help out by cutting a cardboard box into pieces with a saw, while I was deciding the best place for the door. He was about as much help as any other time.


Demolishing the fence took some skill and most importantly some power tools that a friend lent me. The result wasn't as bad as I had feared.


But by the end, my hands brought different memories to mind. Still, the worst was behind me.


The result was acceptable. "Snap!", and then on to...


... some local landscaping...


... some annoying effort to get the tiles right...


...and the final artistic touches. Voila'!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

congratulations; he's getting like his Dad very fast!!!;-)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

I like that bright blue splash of paint. Very energizing.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home