Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tubular gardening

A simple transplantation attempt, the other day, ended up in a minor gardening disaster, as I punctured the sprinkler systems main water tube. I dug it up, cleared it and located the problem:



My first attempt at a quick-and-dirty patch with duct tape failed miserably...



I decided to do it right, by cutting the tube around the puncture, and replacing the part with a double joint thingy I found lying somewhere in the gardening closet.



A few minutes (and blisters) later I had screwed in the joint, and the tube seemed ready for a prova generale.



It worked like a charm, and soon after the garden was restored to it's original state, and the transplantation was completed:



In all these efforts, I had close to me my devoted apprentice, who in this case turned out to be from totally useless (witness him plucking out the grass)...



... to thoroughly destructive (watch him trying to demolish the wall with a hammer).



Still, he felt he deserved a few minutes' rest in his swing...



... followed by a nice nap in his stroller. He was so exhausted by the effort that he fell asleep with a half-chewed-on piece of bread in his right hand and his cap on his head.



All is well that ends well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

lovely post!

The beauty of innocence--compare and contrast the chaos of the tubular gardening against the little one's innocent indifference to your tribulation--and you got a snapshot of the way the world works;-))

8:19 PM  
Blogger soap said...

And I was thinking sth silly like not everything can be fixed with duck tape...

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, duck tape can work miracles sometimes!

PS. Sorry for robbing your last post... you inspire me.

2:39 PM  
Blogger soap said...

What's mine is yours. But I haven't been to Germany lately...

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you haven't been to Germany, but chickens can fly!

(that should confuse our readers, in case they are not already confused)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home