Monday, March 28, 2005

Ovuchali!

It's what I call the "Olympic Volunteers Uniform Closet Half-Life" (or, in short O.V.U.C.Ha.Li.), i.e. the average amount of time that it will take all these thousands of volunteers before they start wearing their white/blue/orange suits casually in the streets again.

They totally disappeared after the olympics, and I was wondering for how long, until I saw one the other day in downtown Athens.

My guess is that they will start popping up soon everywhere, as the weather gets warmer, leading to the following statistical expectation / variance of Ovuchali:

E(Ovuchali) ~= 9 months (+/- 3 months)

1 Comments:

Blogger dystropoppygus said...

[Shamelessly:] Hey, I sold the one I was very lucky to receive from an "insider" friend on eBay within a month of the Games' end. I also sold as many pins, memorabilia and other olympic garbage I had been given. I made some good money. Then, I spent all the money I made buying more books than my bookcase can hold. If only I could get my watch collection going... I recently read that collecting is an "anal stage" remnant. Deep shit, that is.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home