Friday, August 05, 2005

beautiful wigglish

(awful) etching by Paul Bloomer (deleted)

"Words," he said, "is oh such a twitch-tickling problem to me all my life. So you must simply try to be patient and stop squibbling. As I am telling you before, I know exactly what words I am wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squffs-quiddled around."

"That happens to everyone," Sophie said.

"Not like it happens to me," the B.F.G. said. "I is speaking the most terrible wigglish."

"I think you speak beautifully," Sophie said.

"You do?" cried the B.F.G., suddenly brightening. "You really do?"

"Simply beautifully," Sophie repeated.

"Well that is the nicest present anyone is ever giving me in my whole life!" cried the B.F.G. "Are you sure you is not twiddling my leg?"

"Of course not," Sophie said. "I just love the way you talk."

"How wondercrump!" cried the B.F.G., still beaming. "How whoopsy-splunkers. How absolutely squiffling! I is all of a stutter."

-- Roald Dahl, The B.F.G.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I has the same twitch-tickling problem all the times...

10:56 PM  
Blogger soap said...

Are you sure you is not twiddling my leg?

7:50 AM  
Blogger Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

you must all be wondercrump!!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home