Thursday, October 11, 2007

resonate

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So I bought this doll. In Greece, there are all these “collections” you can buy one piece at a time, one week at a time, at the corner kiosks. In principle, I’m against this kind of collecting. In practice, I couldn’t resist Madame Bovary, the first in the series of Ladies of Literature, each porcelain beauty dressed in exquisitely detailed period attire. I won’t collect them all, but now that I have Emma Bovary, I need Jane Eyre, Constance Chatterley, and Anna Karenina, at the very least, to keep her company: each of them aloof and composed in their tiny tailored clothes, their pearls and purses, all delicacy and innocence, no hint of the regular passions, salacious affairs, and suicides within.

I know their stories well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Antropóloga said...

Oh, how very fun :)

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids, get your Anna Karenina action figure now!

(Train not included.)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Sometimes I feel like one of those dolls.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home