Wednesday, August 16, 2006

stem to stern

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Drawing by Eliane Duvekot

So I was reading through this contract today, a stem cell storage agreement, and I get to the required fields of mother’s surname, father’s surname, etc. Typical stuff. And yet, really, I had to think for a minute, what do my parents have to do with it?

And now that I’ve realized who the relevant parents actually are, I’m still asking myself, who are these people?

The months have flown by. If you don’t believe me, watch this video. It’s a cool project. Almost as cool as stem cell storage.

5 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

I remember being bewildered by the same sort of question somewhere during the process.

Who, me?

Kinda grows on ya.

2:19 AM  
Blogger soap said...

I'm sure you're right. I remember when it was all very new and abstract, my doctor surprised me by saying (on the short walk to the ultrasound), Come on, Sissy, let's go see your child.

[A sentence like that makes a bigger impression in Greek, where that all-important possessive pronoun falls at the end, for maximum impact.]

Now, at least that much is routine, like as soon as I heard him say it, and have it sound so good, I could also say it to myself.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

I love that drawing by Eliane. its like exhaling pink cigarette smoke whilst telling your parents you are about to take off into the sunset with a rough and delicious hooligan (circa 1967).

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment has a "been there, done that" undertone, Lu!

11:37 AM  
Blogger soap said...

Ahem. This may be neither here nor there, but the title of the drawing is in fact "Pot."

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home