Friday, October 06, 2006

What the limbo!


I ask you... are they TOTALLY nuts? I mean, have they lost it altogether? What the hell are they doing to people? When will they stop?!

I read on the BBC news site:

Catholic experts are expected to advise Pope Benedict XVI that teachings on the state of limbo - somewhere between heaven and hell - should be amended.
For centuries many Roman Catholics have believed that the souls of babies who die before baptism remain in limbo.
The Pope has been quoted as dismissing the notion as a mere "hypothesis".

Catholic experts?! The state of limbo?! A mere hypothesis?! How can they have the nerve to talk about these things, as if they have any idea... How do they know? Do they conduct experiments? Take measurements? Compare notebooks? Experts my ass...

Don't they have anything better to do than continue terrifying people into giving them money and power, for centuries? Don't they have any decency?

Apparently not. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Screw the church. This kind of church, anyway... They are just a big bunch of shameless power-thirsty crooks, just like you will find in any corrupt government anywhere in the world. Only they deal in the hope stock-market, and that makes them much more dangerous.

5 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Oooh, I love watching this. I love watching them having to manufacture more absurd mental hoops to jump through in order to backtrack on their past inanities without actually admitting that's what they're doing. Love it, love it.

My husband and I were reading this article this morning on the BBC too, and it cheered me right up. It's the sort of the thing that reinforces for everyone just how irrelevent and ridiculous the official church is, and I can't help but think that's a very good thing indeed.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lu and Lochie the Wonder Dog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Hhhmm... If I didn't know better, I'd say you have an opinion on this topic? I mean, I could be wrong and all, but...

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who, me? Nah... Deep down I like them cardinals. Pretty cool guys, actually, with their little-red-riding-hood cloaks, and big gangsta-rap-gone-religious crosses hanging around their necks.

Especially that pope dude! Did you know he is infallible? Yeah, aint that great? I mean, whatever he says is correct. Rats, I wish he were my neighbour, I've been struggling with this partial differential equation related problem for a while, I sure would love him to check my solution and tell me if it's good.

No, I gotta admit, I like these guys. OK, when they go around molesting children it's a little on the "too much" side, but hey, what can you do, they're just humans, right? Ah, well, except the pope, who is like a semi-god kinda thing, like a mean-motha-fucka-priest-dude, sent from God to say what's right or wrong.

Hey, by the way, funny story. Did you know that a few centuries back a pope was mad at his predecessor, and the moment they elected him he declared that everything the previous pope said was wrong? So he had theologicians and "catholic experts" (yeah, these guys again) rubbing their nuts for a couple of hundred years, trying to find a solution about how both popes could be infallible, although one claimed the other was wrong! It's like a Goedel's paradox, or a catch 22 thing. They should teach this stuff in schools, it's so exciting.

So, no, no opinions here... just rambling, you know...

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS. Oh, and of course you know why they are rethinking their limbo theories. With aids and famine and war plagueing the children of the poorest countries in the world, they realise that a religion that says that if your children die before baptism they are doomed, cannot be too popular. So why lose all that big share of the market? Get it?

[ok, this is just speculation, but i'm not the only one thinking it like that.]

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home