Monday, November 12, 2007

easy

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
adventure buka

Buka had another doctor’s appointment today. She usually takes one look at the doctor and bursts into tears. Today, not a peep, not a whimper, not a tear. There was a wrinkled brow when the needle went in, but seriously, she didn’t cry. For her part, the doctor has never been one to remark upon the buka’s robust development or beauty. She sees cute and smart and crazy-haired babies all the time. But today she couldn’t contain herself. She said she’s never seen a baby the buka’s age take a needle and not cry. It’s a sign of security, she said. Maturity. A strange word to use for a baby.

I have what they call “an easy baby.” My mom says I’m so lucky and so clueless, having had no experience with any other kind of baby. But I know what I’ve got. And after all I’ve been through, I know how lucky I am.


5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Super buka!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Antropóloga said...

I have an easy baby, too. Thank goodness!

What a big girl at the doctor's!

7:10 PM  
Blogger soap said...

Well, I put that phrase in quotation marks on purpose, because, while some babies may in fact be easier than others, anybody with a baby knows there is no such thing as an easy baby. As soon as I posted all those praises, for example, mine threw my hairbrush in the toilet.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

OK, but enough about the buka, now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISSY!!!

12:40 PM  
Blogger soap said...

Thanks Steph mou. You're the best.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home