Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Strumentovoce



*** Update: Just came accross http://www.demetriostratos.it/, a very nice and complete site about Stratos. ***

I have undertaken the fascinating, but also very hard, task of setting up a music CD including what I consider to be "some of the most beautiful and important music ever".

After considerable thought, I decided on the first track.

It turns out that it had to be a song by Demetrio Stratos , of the Italian fusion band Area, who died at my age, in 1979, of leukemia. His voice was more than a voice. I won't even start writing about it, there's so much information on google. Interestingly it turns out that a (late) uncle of mine, a professor of phonetics/otolaryngology (sp?) in Italy, had spent a great part of his career as a researcher studying his vocal capabilities.

It's worth looking into his life and work.

I think that the track will either be "cometa rossa", or "gioia e rivoluzione".

canto per te
che mi vieni a sentire
suono per te
che non mi vuoi capire
r
ido per te
che non sai sognare
s
uono per te
che non mi vuoi capire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home